Home / About Us / History
Shafa, under the name of the Iranian License Company, began as a pharmaceutical and hygienic manufacturer in 1969. After the Islamic revolution in 1979, imports of pharmaceutical products decreased with domestic production being mandated by the newly formed government. The newly formed government also made it mandatory that pharmaceutical companies be controlled and domestically owned. After years of being in production Iran license changed its name to Shafa pharmaceutical and hygienic manufacturing company and began to invest further in manufacturing of both pharmaceutical and hygienic products.
As a result of their long term commitment to product safety and quality, Shafa Pharmaceutical and Hygienic Co. have become one of the most well-known and respected companies in pharmaceutical industry in Iran. Shafa pharmaceutical and hygienic is a privately owned company and they are determined to bring the highest quality and standards to the Iranian industry. Their devotion in the past five decades in their core values has given Shafa pharmaceutical and hygienic the foundation from which to build their future. Their vision to be the forefront in pharmaceutical technology and strategic partnership development in the Middle East is being recognized by their investment in technology, infrastructure and personnel.
Shafa Pharmaceutical and Hygienic has a state of art GMP facility and is aiming to be a global pharmaceutical company to attract business opportunity for multinational pharmaceutical companies to enter joint venture or contract manufacturing with shafa.
Research and development teams are busy working on new innovations that will be added to the existing product line. The new facility which has 54,000 sqm of Production area is planned to have 5 departments, of which 1 is already operational and the rest are under construction.
- General Medicines (Tablet, Capsule, Soft Gel Capsule, Suspension, Effervescent Tablet, Sachet and Syrup) (in operation)
- Penicillin (Tablet, Capsule, Suspension, Powder vial filling)
- Cephalosporin (Tablet, Capsule, Suspension, Powder vial filling)
- Biotechnology (Vial, Ampule, Cartridge and Pre filled Syringe)
- Nutritional Supplements (Tablet, Capsule, Soft Gel Capsule, Sachet, Effervescent Tablet and Syrup)
- Sterile Department (Eye Drop and Powder Filling)
- Hygienic Products (Mouthwash, Medicated Shampoo, Nail Polish Remover )